Please sign in.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Upcoming Movies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChinChillah

PostSubject: Upcoming Movies   Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 am

Anything you guys looking forward to? I saw trailers or read previews for a line of action movies - Tekken, Mortal Kombat: Devastation, King of Fighters and the Expendables.

Of course, all of the movies based off of fighters look pretty lame. The Expendables, however, looks awesome! Directed by Stallone, it has a lot of our action favorites from back in the hay day (Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Shwarzeneggar, and Bruce Willis) and some of today's action heroes, too. (Jason Statham and Jet Li) Looks pretty badass! Seagal and Van Damme couldn't make the cameos though. Sad

OH! I guess this has been floating around for awhile but there's a live action of Ghost In The Shell being directed by Spielberg. pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aznpb.deviantart.com/
The Director
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Movies   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Great, lets allow America to ruin another anime.

Has anyone seen Dragonball Evolution yet? Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li?

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://orius.forumotion.com
Kane

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Movies   Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 pm

THAT'S what I keep forgetting to download! Gotta grab Dragonball and see how they butchered it. lol

Far as fucking up Ghost in the Shell, I dare say -- in between knocks on a wooden surface -- that it'd be very hard to fuck it up given the already-epic story of the anime AND that Spielberg is gonna be the one in control of it. I am curious whether they'll recycle one of the old plots or make something new though. Maybe a movie-length rendition of the business with the Laughing Man?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/centervoid
The Director
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Movies   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29 pm

Kane wrote:
THAT'S what I keep forgetting to download! Gotta grab Dragonball and see how they butchered it. lol

Far as fucking up Ghost in the Shell, I dare say -- in between knocks on a wooden surface -- that it'd be very hard to fuck it up given the already-epic story of the anime AND that Spielberg is gonna be the one in control of it. I am curious whether they'll recycle one of the old plots or make something new though. Maybe a movie-length rendition of the business with the Laughing Man?

Kane, I cannot let you watch that movie. I would never forgive myself for you going completely retarded after sitting through that travesty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://orius.forumotion.com
Remzical

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Movies   Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Okay, Dragonball Evolution was a travesty? I disagree. Look what they BASED IT ON.

No, I found it surprisingly enjoyable. (Note: Enjoyable =/= Good) It was a movie that did not take itself seriously and it was a helluva lot better than what the Asians did (look it up). It was a movie that did not take itself seriously and, for that reason, I couldn't bring myself to seriously criticize it.

Now GI Joe? That's a different story.

No, the movie I'm looking for to is the live-action version of Avatar. I'm a little wary because of Interwank on the racefail (but, seriously, the ethnic guys are also the villains while everyone else looks like Vanilla Ice) but I saw the teaser and think that the environment is so fantastic that if they don't stray too far from the cultures, the movie should be okay.

I'm pretty sure everyone already knows my view on that film, though. Has anyone heard anything about Toph? Is she just not in this one? I don't even know. I heard there are several movies, but, dammit, I JUST WANNA SEE TOPH! [/punches a baby!]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChinChillah

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Movies   Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:20 pm

The Last Airbender is GUNNA BE SICK!!! Ferk. It looks so high budget. And the effects will be good since it's the same group that did those crazy flames in Harry Pooter. But Toph never showed up until book II. Smile Sorry.

I can get over the fact that not everyone is a different type of Asian. Since the story took place in little over a year then the traveling distance on Apa shouldn't be too far. So it'd make more sense that they'd be in a region rather than scaling the entire globe. And since it takes more than a year to produce one movie and the characters are going to be getting older, then traveling over huge expanses would make more sense, allowing us to come across many cultures and whatnot. I dunno. I just think it makes more sense.

I just think it's weird how whites are the Eskimos and the east Indians are the (Japanese) fire nation. Razz Creative choice, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Remzical

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Movies   Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Quote :
The Last Airbender is GUNNA BE SICK!!! Ferk. It looks so high budget. And the effects will be good since it's the same group that did those crazy flames in Harry Pooter. But Toph never showed up until book II. Smile Sorry.

Yeah, I just looked over the wiki page and saw that it's supposed to be a trilogy like the show (sort of). This means I'll be basing the Chinese Earth Kingdom off of Suki...my second-least favorite character. If they don't have the bounty hunter, I'll be disappointed, but I guess I'll live.

Quote :
I can get over the fact that not everyone is a different type of Asian. Since the story took place in little over a year then the traveling distance on Apa shouldn't be too far. So it'd make more sense that they'd be in a region rather than scaling the entire globe. And since it takes more than a year to produce one movie and the characters are going to be getting older, then traveling over huge expanses would make more sense, allowing us to come across many cultures and whatnot. I dunno. I just think it makes more sense.

Sorry, but that makes no sense. I didn't understand the wording in that paragraph at all. And I wouldn't mind if there were Asians (not just Indians) in the movie. But, from what I've seen, the only ethnicity besides white is Indian. So....

Just to be clear, I'm not whining about racefail. If these are the best they can get as far as casting, they should not hold out for a mediocre Asian over a superb white kid. But considering their first cast for Zuko was JESSE MCCARTNEY, I am finding it hard to believe.

EDIT: I read that paragraph again and it makes me ask: If it makes more sense to scale more territory in one movie because the kids are getting older, doesn't it make sense to divide the trilogy in halves and put Toph in? Besides, all of the main characters are, like, thirteen to sixteen and the actors aren't too far away. I don't think there will be too big of a discrepancy. They'll be wearing an ass-ton of makeup anyway.

Quote :
I just think it's weird how whites are the Eskimos and the east Indians are the (Japanese) fire nation. Razz Creative choice, I guess.

My sister and I debated over the possibility of Waterbenders living on the tundra and not going blind from having blue eyes. She's into the genetic biology and stuff like that, so I'm more willing to take her word that it's not a high chance.

Hell, Air Nomads and Earth Kingdom could BOTH pass for white since they were pretty peaches-and-cream in the show. But Waterbenders? That was the one I LEAST expected. I expected a white Zuko before a white Sokka.

I dunno. I don't think I'll even see the third movie, since the third season was crap. Filler episodes, shoddy writing, and awful characterization galore. There had better not even be a joke about the beach party!

Speaking of jokes, if Sokka's not f/punny, I will burn the theatre down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChinChillah

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Movies   Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Movies   

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Movies
Page 1 of 1