Orius Message Board
Please sign in.
Orius Message Board
Please sign in.
Orius Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Last Airbender

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChinChillah

ChinChillah

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Is anybody else as psyched about this movie as I am? But then again- it's M. Night Shyamalan so it's up in the air as to whether it'll turn out great or not.

As for the cast, it looks like that dude from Slum Dog Millionaire is Prince Zuko. At first I was like - WHAT!?!?! Turns out the entire Fire Nation are East Indians (or people who look like them. Someone of Spanish descent is playing a Fire Nation soldier), the Water Tribe are Anglo people and the Earth Kingdom people are Asian! I dunno what the Air Nomads are supposed to be.

Curious how they chose the nations to be divided like that. In the series, everyone was Chinese (earth), Japanese (fire), Eskimo (water) or Tibetan (air).
Back to top Go down
http://aznpb.deviantart.com/
spotsinpurple

spotsinpurple

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:24 pm

I am too effing excited about this movie, I love M. night so It's a clash of two things I love for me!
Back to top Go down
Remzical

Remzical

Character Sheet
Name:

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:20 am

I'm confused on which to be. Yeah, the kid from Slumdog is Zuko, but Jesse McCartney or whatever was originally cast for that part or only was dropped because he couldn't make the martial arts boot camp, so I'm not too excited with the direction M. is taking the movie.

On the other hand, I've seen screenshots and the attention paid to detail is pretty amazing. I was hoping Dev Patel would play Sokka instead, because he looks more like Sokka to me. I think the kid who plays Jasper from Twilight is playing Sokka, though.

Like I said, I consider it all up in the air. It can't be as bad as Dragon Ball, in my opinion. But, then again, nothing can. Lawl.

EDIT: On top of that, I just realized that Iroh will not have Mako's voice. How can I enjoy any scenes with his character in it now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Orius Message Board :: General Chat :: The Chat Box-
Jump to: